- We have no current roles available
We advertise all new roles on our website and on our job application system Homerun.
Where we hire from
We’ve always supported flexible working, but since 2020 we’re a hybrid company who supports remote-first working. We are based in the UK and also have staff in Europe.
We believe in hiring employees directly when you work abroad, rather than as a contractor as many businesses do. We use Boundless to help manage this.
We currently hire from the following countries: UK, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Sweden and Norway.
Please note some roles are advertised as UK-only.
We’re a friendly team of digital experts working hard to make the web a better place.
Our main studio is based in the beautiful university and tech city of Cambridge, UK. We’re a small business who punches above our weight, working with a range of interesting organisations on design and technology projects.
Recent work includes:
- Redesigning a 30-year old website for international standards body W3C;
- Building an emergency website and research briefing website for UK Parliament;
- Integrating multiple applicant tracking systems (ATS) into a usable job listing site for HS2;
- Building a Covid web app for the Department of Health and Social Care.
We work on a range of design and build projects, data integration, web forms, interactive maps, and web apps. We consult with clients and advise them how to best meet their goals on digital.
We believe in ethical web design, which values accessibility, sustainability, data privacy, and security. We ensure we deliver high-quality, robust digital websites and services that work for all users.
We have a hybrid work pattern at present, with the team working remote by default and coming into the office when they need to collaborate or meet. We offer flexible working for all staff and a generous holiday policy. Read Marie’s blog on it’s OK to code and be a mother.
We value learning and sharing knowledge. We have a broad range of expertise in the agency and support eachother with personal development. This can take the form of attending conferences, training courses, webinars, self-learning time or learning from others in the agency. We have regular improvement time scheduled to make time for this. Read Maria’s blog post on the joys of lifelong learning.
Your role can evolve at Studio 24. Some staff move into management, acting as team leads to support and develop staff. We recognise not everyone wants to manage others, so you can also move into specialised roles, for example leading a specific area of our work.
Studio 24 team
We believe in an ethical and positive working environment. Our values are:
- Straight talking – we have an open and honest approach.
- Pride in our work – we have high standards and we do good work
- Always asking why – we’re problem-solvers, building solutions that meet real user needs. Listening and asking why is key to this.
- Working together – we work best as a team with both the client and our colleagues. We thrive on collaborative working.
- Friendly and supportive – we have a positive outlook and believe in a supportive working environment to bring out the best in our team.
- Always learning – we believe in sharing knowledge and have a culture of continuous learning. We release open source software, blog, and talk at community events and conferences.
We believe there are a lot of benefits working in a small, independent business:
- We are a friendly team with an inclusive and supportive working environment. We run regular staff culture surveys and always score highly for fairness, respect, empowerment, pride in our work and positive relationships.
- We take work-life balance seriously, and rarely work more than our contracted hours. On the rare occasion this may be required, time in lieu is given.
- We take our staff’s mental wellbeing seriously and have two trained mental-health first aiders who provide support and guidance to our colleagues.
- We offer flexible working hours, because we understand that life happens! So whether you need to manage your work around family life, or if you are not a morning person and like to start a little later, or if you want to finish early to get to the gym – you can.
- You can choose to work from home or our office (though we do encourage staff to come into the office to collaborate). We have a home office equipment budget to ensure you have an healthy setup, wherever you work.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, this increases after two years service up to 30 days off a year.
- Free eye tests and flu jabs.
- We invest in your training via courses, conferences and time to self-study.
- We get together for events and lunches (in-person and virtual).
- Company Day out of the office twice a year to talk strategy and improvement.
- Free local benefits (free entry to Cambridge Botanic Garden and Cambridge Film Festival as part of our corporate sponsorship).
Internships and Work Experience
At Studio 24, we support students getting their first experience of working at a digital agency in the UK.
We’ve accepted many excellent students from Howest University College in Belgium for 3 month internships. We also work with local universities and colleges.
We have also accepted work experience students from local schools, usually for a week or two. You can read a few blogs from previous students:
- Digital Marketing Internship at Studio 24
- My experience as an apprentice
- Goodbye and good luck, Kiki
If you’re interested in an internship or a work experience placement please email us on [email protected]
We also have a reading list on GitHub that may be of interest to prospective employees.