Junior Front-End Developer
Full-time, Fixed term contract
Salary £19,000 to £28,000 depending on experience
We’re looking for a junior front-end developer to join our team at Studio 24. This is initially maternity cover for 12 months, though there will be the opportunity to convert this to a permanent role. We’d look to review this with you after 9 months service.
Our work is varied and covers a range of industries from charity, public sector, science/tech and the arts. We focus on the WordPress platform though also work on custom web applications in the Symfony PHP framework (using Twig for templating).
What we’re looking for
This role is responsible for building the front-end HTML/CSS of websites and delivering successful projects alongside the wider team.
Key skills we’re looking for are:
- Experience with Front-end development, building custom designs into standards-based, accessible, maintainable and performant HTML/CSS that work well across a range of browsers and devices
- Positive attitude, ability to work well in a team
Nice-to-have experience includes:
- Git version control
- Experience with WordPress CMS
- Working knowledge of PHP
Benefits working at Studio 24 include:
- Flexible working hours
- 25 holidays per year plus Bank Holidays, this increases after two years service
- Inclusive and supportive working environment
- Fresh fruit, coffee & soft drinks
- Regular team events & lunches
- Regular opportunities to attend conferences and training
- Company Day out of the office twice a year to talk strategy and improvement
- Free local benefits (free entry to Cambridge Botanic Garden and Cambridge Film Festival as part of our corporate sponsorship)
Values that are important to us at Studio 24 are:
- Straight talking – we have an open and honest approach
- Pride in our work – we have high standards and want to create excellent work
- Always asking why – we’re problem solvers, building solutions that meet real user needs
- Working together – we work best as a team with both the client and our colleagues
- Friendly and supportive – we have a positive outlook and believe in a supportive working environment
- Always learning – we believe in sharing knowledge and have a culture of continuous learning
How to apply
If you would like to apply please email your CV and why you’d like to work with us to [email protected]
We’re an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from any background. You can find out more about our team. Although this job is advertised as a full-time role we are happy to discuss part-time hours if the right candidate needs flexibility.
- Applicants should be eligible to work in the UK, we encourage EU citizens to apply to work with us.
- We don’t have a strict closing date for this role, though we expect to fill it by November.
- The application process starts with an informal call to talk about the role and your experience. This is followed up by a face-to-face interview where you’ll get the chance to talk to leaders in the agency and the team you’ll work with.
- We’re not working with recruitment agencies on this role.